Monday, March 6, 2017

Morning on Monday

Here I am sitting here in the morning at 8:49. Today is packed full of little tasks that would have been impossible to do leisurely if I was still shackled to a 40 hour 9:00-5:00 slog. Fuck I still get shudders thinking about that life.
There are droves of people I know--and admittedly can't stop caring about--who would fritz out knowing that I do not have to work or suffer right now - an absolute dissipation of respect. All of me would be reduced to cold threatening privilege. Even now I get a shudder of guilt, something in line with their sentiments I'm sure, that I can enjoy the day-to-day. I do not have to sit and listen to an idiot tell me how to do something I already know how to do, or can independently find out a way to do, or (most importantly) see no need to do. People do not like me for that.
Simultaneously people are envious of that and love me for it. Like some kind of ego trip when our external identities are vibing and we feel in tune I am the coolest, the most desirable, but when we are at odds - oh shit! I am the scum of the earth. Hell, maybe the dirty work times were just the same.

Today continues the preparations for China. I'll be visiting Erick and Peter who are teaching little Chinese babies English.
A key component of my trip will be visiting important Chinese Buddhist sites throughout the north of the country. So far I intend to travel to the sacred Mount Wutai and the Longmen Grottoes. Shit, I'll probably go to Mao's Palace too.

The morning is quiet here like most mornings.
The dog is back.She rests lightly pressed against your thigh when she sleeps.
She'll make everything a little more calm I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment